The SEQOHS Accreditation Scheme (“SEQOHS”) is owned and administered by the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (“FOM”). FOM is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), FOM must provide comprehensive information on how records and information about living people are being collected, used and disposed of.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is the Faculty of Occupational Medicine. We are a UK registered charity, Charity Commission no. 1139516 and Scottish Charity no. SCO400060, and also a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 07461063. Our registered office is at 2 Lovibond Lane, London SE10 9FY. We are registered for VAT purposes with registration number 798 6604 62.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. If you wish to benefit from any of the online services that we offer via our site and/or to register you may need to provide us with certain personal information. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with SEQOHS, and services which we provide now or in the future, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, regulator registration number, personal description and information on other protected characteristics for equality and diversity monitoring purposes.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to deal with your requests and/or enquiries;
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to maintain our records for administrative purposes;
- to track use of web pages;
- to protect our site against unauthorised access;
- to comply with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to send you information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will not, unless otherwise stated, share your personal information with any third parties but if you choose to purchase any subscriptions or services from us we may pass your personal information to a secure, third-party payment service provider, subject to them signing a data sharing agreements and assuring us they are GDPR compliant, and any such third party may require further information from you in order to process your payment.
Where we store your personal data
Our systems operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We periodically review our security and privacy policies and update them as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure but we will do our best to protect your personal data.
As per General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we will only contact you for marketing purposes if you have actively opted in.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. In accordance with the ICO we will process requests in 30 days, as long as the request is proportional and reasonable.